Hello everybody,

we have a strange behavior with RTnet and need some help.

We are using a sensor tethered via Ethernet to a rteth-NIC exclusively.
The sensor has to be configured, started and stopped with short
http-commands. For this we are using the RTnet tcp-module.
The continuous sensor-data itself are provided with UDP and for this we
are using the RTnet udp-module.
Thus far everything works fine.

When we sent http-commands for e.g. startup to a second sensor connected
to a second rteth-NIC and the first sensor is already in continuous-data
delivering mode (UDP), the whole operating-system freezes and there is no
response anymore. So we are not able to debug anything.
This happens often, if the data-volume of the continuous-data is small,
and it crashes nearly always, if the data-volume is larger.

In this case, both threads are running at the same cpu. We find out, when
we switch one of the threads to another cpu, everything seems to work
fine, but we have no long-term experiences yet. In addition this approach
seems to be just a work-around.

If you have some ideas, remarks or if you need more information, please
let me know. Thank you!

Software versions:
- Linux kernel 3.8.13
- Xenomai 2.6.3
- RTnet 0.9.13.-08.2013

Best regards/ Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Thomas Wittmann
STILL GmbH,
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg, Registergericht: Hamburg HRB 11168, Ust-IdNr.
DE 811145412,
Aufsichtsrat: Dr. Thomas Toepfer (Vorsitzender), Geschäftsführung: Gordon Riske
(Vorsitzender), Thomas A. Fischer, Goran Mihajlovic, Olaf Schulz