Hello,

I am trying to create an instance in AWS in a particular security group.

server = conn.servers.create(:image_id => "#{@ami_id}",
                                           :flavor_id =>
"#{@instancetype}",
                                           :key_name =>
"#{@aws_ssh_key_name}",
                                           :groups => "Monitoring",
                                           :subnet_id =>
"#{@subnetid.shuffle.first}",
                                           :user_data => "#{user_data}")

where Monitoring is the name of the security group.

But when the machine comes up. It takes the "default" security group. I
tried replacing "Monitoring" with the security-group-id but still I wasn't
able to get Monitoring security group in the new instance. Can someone
please help me out.

Thank you,

- Pradeep