Mirko, all,

On 2/26/07, Mirko Stocker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi!

On Monday 26 February 2007 18:01:52 Kévin REDON wrote:
> It 2 spaces a standard ? from emacs perhaps ? because

Afaik, 2 spaces is standard in Ruby..

Yes, it is.

it's not a standard for Eclipse/Java users.
> - the colour syntax has a problem with the characters "/" and "%" :
> see attachement

Yeah, that's a know issue, the coloring has a lot of bugs (e.g. with
here-documents too) we should try to fix. Maybe for the 1.0 release?

I'd love a better syntax colorer, but Ruby's grammar and Eclipse's
facilities for doing the coloring aren't really a good match from my
experience.

@the other developers: If someone can provide me with some hints how to do
an
AST based coloring, I'd be glad to look at it. Especially the problems
with
here documents are frustrating me...

Same here, though I'm not sure how it'd handle coloring since the syntax
will be broken so often while editing (at which point you no longer can grab
an AST). I'd say this isn't really possible until we have a parser which can
do error recovery.

And something offtopic, we had a discussion in the office today about
sending
signed mails to mailinglists.. do I annoy anyone with that? What do you
think?

I view the list in GMail and don't notice anything (except a "noname"
attachment), so it doesn't bug me.

Thanks,
Chris
--