> Ideally testing would have brought the "error" to your attention before
it was used in production.

I think the point here was that the coder did not think if this problem.
Adding a test for it would require thinking if it.

I do think it would be strange for bcc to be the default, though. The only
alternative I can think of would be a small breaking change: if multiple
recipients would be able to see each others' emails, require setting an
`allow_recipients_to_see_each_others_emails` flag. If not set, and multiple
recipients are on to/cc, raise an error.

I'm not sure how good or bad this would be.