Hi guys.

How do you feel about an enhancement to Rails' *delegate *method that
enables us to define an arbitrary value which is bound to be returned
whenever the delegation target is *nil* ?

I've came across an use case on which I was required to do so.  What I did
was include the *on_nil: *option to *delegate*. I can use this new option
the value that should be returned. The value can be either a literal or a
Proc. When *on_nil *is not supplied the current behavior is followed (i.e. *nil
*is returned). Here is an example:

class User < ActiveRecord::Base
>   has_one :profile
>   delegate :age, to: :profile, allow_nil: true, on_nil: 21
> end

> User.new.age # 21

Do you guys think this would be an useful enhancement to Rails' core ?
Best Regards