Currently, if you want to make a preview for a video file
ActiveStorage::Previewer::VideoPreviewer will pick the first frame of the
video
https://github.com/rails/rails/blob/master/activestorage/lib/active_storage/previewer/video_previewer.rb#L19
 without
any options to customize this behavior.

Since the first frames are often not very informative(f.e. black start
screen) I suggest adding the ability to pick a screenshot for a preview
from a middle of the video.
record.attachment.preview(middle_frame: true)
This API would be convenient, but since the variation isn't passed into the
previewer, it will require changes not only in VideoPreviewer class.

What will be your thoughts about this feature?
In the case of positive feedback, I'll be glad to start implementation.