Ah, I see now what is the point, commands are able to boot the application
(eg, runner), but the lookup happens before.

I would not recommend app for that, because by default any subdirectory of
app is in the autoload paths and eager loaded if eager loading is enabled.

Xavier

PS: BTW, Zeitwerk has nothing to do with $LOAD_PATH, the variable is
modified by railties code as part of the boot process.