I think this is a Firebug issue, I had the firebug beta installed on
FF3

after purging and reinstalling I installed only the stable Firebug in
FF2,

when installing FF3 it states that Firebug is not compatible with FF3,
without the firebug beta installed then enumerable methods work as
expected

looks like I'll have to wait to develop on FF3 as I can't live without
Firebug