We recently looked at mongoDB a bit. I was discussing using mongoDB with
active record but was told that maybe there are other or better options.
Can someone comment on that ?

 Also, someone suggested storing a ruby array directly inside of a record
where I would have opted for the array to be a separate set of records in
active record using has_many and belongs_to .. It seemed to me that how I
search on those child records would be a big factor but I soon realized I
need to find out what are the options. Do people store arrays and hashes
directly in mongo DB fields or is that not the best way to go ?