I do have access to it "live" in a sense. It gets replicated down to a
server I have access to at different times of the day. I don't currently
have a way of knowing which records have changed so I'm going to have to do
some comparisons to see what, if anything, has changed for each record.  I
could create the boolean column on that table though and if it fails
validation I'll just flag the record.  This sounds like a good plan!