I am aware that Rubyists prefer to use Sublimetext, Vim or TextMate and I
personally like Atom (which is open source), but I got used to studying
Ruby on Rails with an IDE and personally found it useful, although I
suppose I mainly appreciate the integrated terminal and I have no other
experience.

So far I have been studying Ruby on Rails with Cloud9, an offline IDE.
With an online IDE there are limitations (due to price and features), and I
would like to know whether or not it would be wiser and preferable to
develop offline and what would be the advantages and disadvantages of an
offline development as opposed to an online IDE. As far as I am concerned I
found really useful that with Cloud9 you can close your computer, login
into your workspace after one month and find it as it was before: would
that be possible while developing offline, or it is necessary to reload the
environment any time the machine is turned on?

I read a previous post
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rubyonrails-talk/ide|sort:relevance/rubyonrails-talk/Is3qLr6FG6A/bU4XUO71sVYJ>,

dated 2013, and made some internet research and found that the best options
for an offline IDE could be RubyMine and Aptana Studio 3.
Considering that RubyMine is not the best solution for pennyless developers
(unless you would suggest it is a forsighted investment), I am interested
in Aptana Studio 3: is there a big difference with RubyMine? Is there
anyone of you who know Aptana Studio 3 and would suggest it (or advice
against)?

Many thanks in advance