On 8 August 2016 at 13:36, 'krfg' via Ruby on Rails: Talk
<rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after few weeks of inactivity I ran today on my master branch the command
> 'git status', and I got this:
>
> krfg@SATELLITE-L50-A-161:~/workspace/example_app (master)*$ git status
> On branch master
> Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
> Changes not staged for commit:
>   (use "git add/rm <file>..." to update what will be committed)
>   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
>
>     deleted:    bin/bundle
>     deleted:    bin/rails
>     deleted:    bin/rake
>     deleted:    bin/setup
>     deleted:    bin/spring
>
> no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")
>
> I am wondering why bin/bundle, bin/rails, bin/rake, bin/setup and bin/spring
> result deleted and what does it mean.
> I tried to run 'bundle exec rake db:migrate:status' and 'rails -v' to check
> if bundle and rails would respond and it seems all right.
> So what do all these changes not staged for commit mean? Moreover, they
> refer to a path (bin) which is outside my working tree, so why in the first
> place git would trace changes to this path?

The are (or were) in your tree.  The rails root dir contains a bin
directory with those files in it. Somehow they have been deleted.  I
suggest you do
git checkout .
(note the dot on the end) which will restore them from the repository.
Don't know whether that will fix the problem with rails server etc.

Colin