Looking at your question, I am wondering what this raty() method does. It seems
more that the problem is there, not in Turbolinks. If your script does not set
up a listener that can deal with being loaded once only, and responding to
events, then it's probably not a good peer to Turbolinks.

Generally speaking, if you need to do something to the page at each load, you
can change your load event to turbolinks:load. But more likely, if you refactor
your method to this pattern, you won't care.

Instead of this:

  $('.rating').click(function(){
    $(this).whatever...
  });

Do this:

  $(document).on('.rating', 'click', function(){
    $(this).whatever...
  });

That will fire on every click, but only get past the first line if the click
was on a .rating classed element, and then look deeper and do its thing. You
don't have to re-attach this listener to the DOM at each page load, because it
lives at a level where it can deal with the changes Turbolinks makes to the DOM
beneath it.

Walter