I cannot find an alternative to this. What i'm trying to do is write a
generic interface which can answer generic queries like search based on
specific column and aggregate queries etc. Underlying table is provided to
the Model on initialization and I want it hooked with that table so that I
can run these active record generic queries (and some generic extensions)
on the underlying table.

Also, how do I hack it? Is there any downside of doing it?

Regards