First of all, thanks for admission to the list. I had to email the list owner to accomplish that.

On 14.11.2016 11.06, Greg Navis wrote:
<% fields.each do |field| %>
  <%= f.label field %>
  <%= f.text_field field, class: 'form-control' %>
<% end %>

Ok, that's good to know.

Personally, I prefer to have things spelled out explicitly as it's
easier to see the final shape of HTML. If your goal is to save typing
maybe you could consider using some kind of snippets?

I am mostly thinking of admin pages. Over the years, I have put together a personal cms solution in another language (lasso). There I had for each admin page an array of arrays containing field names, field types (text, textarea, radio, checkbox, date, hidden), validations (no-html, integer, date, email, unique, length, etc.), operators (eq, lt, gt, etc.), text field sizes, and some other things. It worked well for me, and maybe I will try to create something similar now with RoR. Though maybe I could use the db/schema as the basis, and only declare additions and exceptions to the schema.

However, I am still open to alternatives, for example Refinery.

- Jussi