That validation was probably on the person, not the picture, unless you added
validates_associated to the Person class.

Look at this:
https://github.com/walterdavis/fugee/blob/master/app/controllers/people_controller.rb#L74

and this:

https://github.com/walterdavis/fugee/blob/master/app/views/people/_form.html.erb#L25

The rest is scaffolded, there's nothing mysterious here.

Clone this to your machine, run it in rails server.

Go to localhost:3000/pictures and add some pictures (just file names).

Go to localhost:3000/people, and add some people.

See how you can choose pictures for each person? See how the association is
saved and updated? Watch in the console as the record is saved or updated from
the web.

Walter