On May 13, 8:56 pm, Doug Livesey <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
wrote:
> They're on the same machine, although I may want to move them at some
> point.

that doesn't quite answer the question - even though they are on the
same machine any of the 3 scenarios I mentioned could be in effect.
What it boils down to in the end is cookies: there is a cookie that
tells rails which row from the sessions table to use and if both apps
aren't getting the same value out of this cookie then although the
sessions are backed by the same table they will appear as different
users.

Fred