2009/8/28 RubyonRails_newbie <craigwest...@googlemail.com>:

> ... the strange thing is, the code I have written is axactly the same
> as that in the railsspace website....
> (http://railsspace.com/4_register/listing-4-20.txt)

Could you bottom post rather than top? That is the convention on this
list, it makes it easier to follow threads.

Do they go on to extend this code to cope with save failures later on
in the tutorial?  If you just want to get past this for the moment
have a close look at any validations in the User model, possibly
comment them out for the moment.  Also have a look at the log
(log/development.log) to see what values were passed as params in the
POST.  This may be a good time to have a look at ruby-debug (see
http://railscasts.com/episodes/54-debugging-with-ruby-debug). You
could put a break point after @user = User.new(params[:user]) and
check that it looks ok.

Colin