Hi Michael,

Thanks for  your reply.

Leaving a cell empty results in the condition not being added to the rule at
all. Which is fine, cause then you're more flexible in grouping rules with
different conditions together in one decision table
I actually found a way yesterday, which seems to me more like a workaround. But
it works:

| 1 | RuleTable calculateSmell              |
| 2 |    CONDITION    |     ACTION          |
| 3 |                 | cheese              |
| 4 | cheese:Cheese() | setSmell("$param"); |
| 5 | for every cheese| set smell to stinky |
| 6 | somevalue       | stinky              |

By declaring the variable not in the row right underneath below the CONDITION
cell, but in the row where you normally declare the conditions (i.e. second row
underneath the condition row
AND putting in some random value in the cell, that holds the parameter value,
you can generate the desired rule:

#From row number: 6
rule "calculateSmell_6"
        when
                cheese:Cheese()
        then
                cheese.setSmell("stinky");;
end

Leaving out the parameter value results in the when line being blank, so you
gotta fill in something.
I can live with that, but it seems to me more like a workaround, so I would be
kinda curious whether there is (or will be) an "official" way of achieving this
Best regards,
Martin