Bree, also check you are throwing enough memory at eclipse - with lots of
rules and code, if eclipse doesn't have enough and the GC has to work
overtime, it can really really suck.

On 4/17/07, Bree VanOss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Michael,

I actually like the basic concept of validating decision tables, my issue
is that we have FIT tests (in Excel) in a separate source folder in our
"rules project". These .xls files are falsely being identified as decision
tables with a ton of problems. Validation also seems to take much longer
than it does with the 3.0.x branch (like from 30 seconds in 3.0 to to 5
minutes in 3.1 !?!?). Though the two issues may be related.

A common way of dealing with this problem in Eclipse is to allow for
ant-like "source path include/exclude" patterns.

i.e. exclude test/**/*.xls

For that matter it would be nice to have the same thing for standard DRL
files. The validation of a large rule base can take some time and randomly
results in exceptions much of the time. Once I've tested and verified a set
of rules I could (optionally) exclude them from validation.

I'll write this all up in the JIRA this evening.

Thanks again,

Bree