I think you need java 5 for the ide even though the engine can run with 1.4

Sent from my iPhone

On 08/01/2008, at 5:57, "Keith Bennett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am having problems using functions in my .drl file. When I add a function, I get the following two errors:

ImportError: PackageName.Function.function
Syntax error, static imports are only available if source level is 5.0

Has anyone else seen this? I am using Eclipse 3.2.2, Eclipse Drools IDE 4.0.3, and JDK 1.4. It appears as though I can't use the IDE unless I'm at JDK 5.0???

One interesting thing is that if I modify my 'Compiler compliance level', 'Generated .class files compatibility', and 'Source compatibility' settings to 1.4, the .drl compile errors go away. But as soon as I close Eclipse and reopen it, the errors show up again. I appreciate any help you can provide! Thanks.