Greetings!

I read through the manual, but it is a little too terse regarding when one
might choose Stateless versus Stateful sessions.  My initial testing has been
with Stateful sessions and these work nicely but memory use explodes as the
number of facts added increases much beyond 100.

So, my questions:

1.  Do stateless sessions execute faster than stateful?  I'm assuming that even
if they don't, they use memory more effciently?

2.  I read that stateless sessions do not allow for facts to be modified yet I
saw an example online which was using "insert()" in the DRL file.  Will this
work if there is a rule that has not already fired but might after the insert?
In a stateless session will a rule only fire once and ignore new facts? (I
believe so).

3.  It also seems that a stateless session has no agenda and therefore will
simply fire the first rule that matches so that salience must be used to
prioritize rules.  Is this correct?

3.  The difference between a stateless session and a sequential stateless
session is also unclear (to me) from the manual.  Can someone explain it?

What I am looking to build is essentially a filter, something that gets a bunch
of input facts and applies the rules to see if any alarms should be raised
based on the inputs.  My test programs have been using a global which tracks
the alarms raised.  I just look at it after the engine has run and use it as my
output.  Each run of the rules engine is separate from the previous run, ie,
there is no accumulation of "knowledge", which is why I think a stateless
session is the way to go but I'm not sure.

Any help appreciated!

Ron