On 3/22/11 7:58 PM, Suk Fung wrote:
Tihomir
In my case, I'm using mysql as database repository. Does the Jackrabbit API allow directly logging into the database repository to search for assets?
Take a look at http://jackrabbit.apache.org/first-hops.html maybe that will clear things up a little more. Again doing this is too much as you will need to know about the API and Guvnor's custom node types in order to get anywhere with it.

Querying the Jackrabbit data store (such as mysql in your case) directly would kind of negate the purpose of JCR completely. If what you need is to access a regular database why then use JCR in the first place?

You have access to rule assets in Guvnor via HTTP, from the Guvnor eclipse plugin (WebDav) and AtomPub interface (http://blog.athico.com/2011/03/atompub-interface-for-guvnor.html). Not sure why using one or a combination of these would not work for you.

Thanks,
Suk

*From:* Tihomir Surdilovic <tsurd...@redhat.com>
*To:* rules-users@lists.jboss.org
*Sent:* Tue, March 22, 2011 4:17:04 PM
*Subject:* Re: [rules-users] Can we point to db repository url directly in ChangeSet.xml

On 3/22/11 6:36 PM, Sathya Prakash wrote:

Hi Suk,
Kindly let me know how can point to the database repository directly, not depending on Guvnor application up running.
You could use the Jackrabbit API directly to log into your repository and search for assets, but this would get pretty complex. If you are trying to avoid network access or something, then just download the .pkg file and use it locally.

Tihomir

Regards,
sathya