Look at the BRMS download section in the Customer Support Portal. It contains "JBoss BRMS 5.1.0 Standalone" which apparently you got. This contains both guvnor and the engine together deployed in the Guvnor web application. On the same download page you should also see "JBoss BRMS 5.1.0" which contains the two zips I was talking about.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.