I had created issue JBRULES-3399 for the issue. I tracked it a bit , it is
any comment.

// or /*  , think the lexar expression for comment isn't correct .

I am working towards a fix but not a  antlr expert. I have used yacc.

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 1:38 AM, Wolfgang Laun <wolfgang.l...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Submitted: JBRULES-3401.
>
> -W
>

> On 24/02/2012, Benjamin Bennett <benbenn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just passing on I am using the drools 5.4.0Beta2
> >
> > The following doesn't compile using the mvel dialect .
> > rule "some rule"
> >  when
> > fact: Fact()
> > then
> > BasicFact fault= new BasicFact( "/*");
> > end
> >
> > but
> > rule "some rule"
> >  when
> > fact: Fact()
> > then
> > BasicFact fault= new BasicFact( "/ *");
> > end
> >
> > does compile some how /* is being parsed as an expression I think and
> not a
> > string literal.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ben

Sincerely,

Benjamin Bennett
314.246.0645
benbenn...@gmail.com

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public
relations, for Nature cannot be fooled."
Richard Feynman