    advance the clock to 1
    insert an event with timestamp 1,
    advance the clock to 3
    insert another one with timestamp 3
    advance the clock to 4
    fire all rules
a rule with
   Event() over window:time( 2s )
will fire twice (2 times). There is no difference between STREAM and CLOUD mode.

Indeed, the documentation (Fusion, 2.6.1, Sliding Time Windows)
appears to tell another story:  "Sliding Time Windows allow the user
to write rules that will only match events occurring in the last X
time units." This is quite explicit.

Also, please note that firing all rules after each insertion produces
the expected results; the rule firings at T=3 and T=4 show only one
event in the window.

Even more surprisingly, running a rule that collects over a sliding
window works as intuitively expected:
   $l: List() from collect( Event() over window:time( 2s ) )
Here the List will never contain more than one element, even when the
simple pattern (shown above) fires twice.

-W