> > Hello lists,
> >
> > I?m currently playing around with getting rump kernels built with
> > rumpkernel(7) running on FreeBSD?s bhyve(4). I?m using a custom boot loader
> > [1] which builds on some patches to bhyveload / user boot [2].
> >
> > To test, I?m using a simple ?helloer? unikernel from the tutorial [3]:
> >
> ... excelent discription of your debug process removed for breif reply ...
>
> > Due to compiler optimisations, the check here isn?t the
> > (hypervisor == HYPERVISOR_XEN) check directly after the call to
> > hypervisor_detect,
> > but the check (bios_crtc_base == 0) in
>
> bios_crtc_base would be part of the isa legacy vga
> controller card.  Bhyve does not, at this time, or
> in the near future expect to have, support for this
> legacy device.

I am wrong on this, the framebuffer device does
infact have support for the legacy i/o addresses
that this should point to.  You should see the
"vgaconf" section of the FrameBuffer section
of the bhyve(8) manpage.

I believe you need to be running bhyve with the
uefi bios options, the with CMS version, and
have vgaconf=on to get your code to work as is.

--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgri...@freebsd.org