On 9/29/11 4:51 PM, Graydon Hoare wrote:
- un-adorned means "effectively by-value" (in C-abi, always!),
even though in many cases rust-abi will do this by-ref, only
in ways that are unobservable in safe code.

This is a weaker argument, but I'd also think it would be kind of nice if the Rust ABI and the C ABI matched (modulo stack switching). If we monomorphize, we can actually get there (as the task is already in thread local storage and bare fns let us leave off the env pointer).

Also unsafe code can observe the distinction, and I'd like to minimize surprise for them too.

Patrick