On 6/4/12 4:56 AM, David Rajchenbach-Teller wrote:
I actually meant the functions called by the implementation of `remove`.
For instance, `copy` generally does not have to return anything
meaningful.

I see. However, I'm not sure I agree. I think `copy` ought to return something that indicates whether it succeeded and---if not---why not.

This would raise a red flag during code review, just as `try { remove();
} catch (Exception e) {}` ought to raise a red flag.
Do I understand correctly that you mean actual reviews and not
lint-style warnings?

Yes. I meant that the compiler would flag an error for ignored return values. If the programmer insisted on ignoring the return value, it's suggests that a comment is warranted explaining why.

Niko