On 12-10-23 08:30 AM, David Rajchenbach-Teller wrote:

> Finally, I would like to be sure that I understand one thing: as far as
> I understand, this mechanism is not designed to handle any kind of
> concurrent condition, i.e. a condition raised in one task and best
> handled in another. The mechanism intended to handle such conditions is
> task failure. Am I correct?

Well, raise() is just a normal, synchronous call to a handler. The
handler is free to do things like, say, send a message and wait for a
response from a supervisor task, before continuing.

It's really a just a piece in any particular error-management puzzle;
can be composed a variety of ways.

-Graydon