If you really need such a small memory footprint for your tasks, I am of
the opinion that it would be less error prone (whoops, accidentally used 64
bytes of stack than I should have, now I'm using twice as much memory!) to
use an async event loop, like libevent, rather than a task model. It just
doesn't seem like it's as worthwhile - if you really need to have that faux
synchronous IO, you could use FRP.

I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with me, given the general
direction rust has been going with tasks (IO, task-local errors, etc.)