But I guarantee you that a smaller form factor devices will appear in short
order, and they won't use 64-bit CPUs, because in the beginning they won't
have anywhere close to 4GB RAM, so a 64-bit memory bus and MMU will be an
overkill for them.  And the cycle will repeat...
Even in the phones and PCs, many sub-components contain their own 32-bit
controllers, and those need to be programmed too.   And Rust is aiming for
this niche, doesn't it?

I think you are getting dangerously close to the argument that "we don't
need to optimize code, because Moore's law will take care of performance"
:-)