Hello folks,

I'm a French student finishing his study this year and a teacher gave us a project to finish by the end of the year which is to modify (or add) a small feature to an existing interpreter (or compiler, language,...) such as a primitive or a control structure. I'm pretty new to Rust and I wonder if you have some ideas, some works that could possibly be useful to Rust, even if extremely small. My objective is to get into Rust with this homework and then work further on Rust later. I can guess how much is hard to understand a compiler and start working on it, and that's basically why I'm asking you for an idea. I already worked on open-source projects (mainly in C++) so I don't have much "outside lessons" to take (such as learning git).

Do you have suggestions that could fit well for this kind of project?

Best regards,
Pierre Talbot.