On 12/07/2013 01:12 AM, Gaetan wrote:
I am in favor of two version of the api: from_str which has already done
the unwrap, and a from_str_safe for instance that returns a Result or
option.

This provides the important semantic information (that I've evoked at the end end of a long earlier reply in this thread) of whether func failure is expected and belongs to the logic of the present app and we must deal with it, or not.

But I'm still shared on this topic for finding it also annoying, like Simon, to have to duplicate whole catogories of such funcs (of which we cannot know in advance whther they'll fail or not), if only the interface as apparently proposed by Gaëtan.

Denis