On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 2:07 AM, spir <denis.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe it's only me, but this not at at all clear to my eyes. My imagined
> soluton (for a totally different lang) was something like this, on the
> caller side:
>
>         ucodes = s.utf8_decode()!       // source should be correct, error
> on failure
>         ucodes = s.utf8_decode()?       // logical failure expected, return
> None or whatnot
>
> (But maybe _this_ is obscure to your eyes?)

Looks like our mails had a race condition on this one, but
highlighting the cases where we expect a perfect world (i.e. !) is
probably better.

However, if you just call the method without anything it would be the
same as calling it with ? suffix as far as I understand, so I'm not
sure what the point is of keeping that one.

Cheers

--
Jordi Boggiano
@seldaek - http://nelm.io/jordi