On 07/03/14 10:53 PM, Liigo Zhuang wrote:
> Hey Rusties:
>
> Could we remove the one in `rustlib`, and let `rustc` reuse the one in
> '/usr/local/lib'?
> If we could do this, the distribution package will be much smaller.
> `rustc` is run only in host environment, right?
>
> (Another option, static link rustc, and remove all *.so in rustlib.)
>
> Liigo.

The `rustdoc` binary also uses librustc and third party tools may want
to use them as they mature into saner libraries, so I don't think static
linking is a good option.

The stable/nightly Arch Linux packages (`rust` and `rust-git`) symlink
away the duplication as the ABI has always been the same for some time.
I've never actually seen stage1/stage2 configuration markers used.