On 12/03/2014 01:11, Brian Anderson wrote:
* Fork the RFC repohttp://github.com/rust-lang/rfcs
* Copy `0000-template.md` to `active/0000-my-feature.md` (where
'my-feature' is descriptive. don't assign an RFC number yet).
* Fill in the RFC
* Submit a pull request. The pull request is the time to get review of
the design from the larger community.
* Build consensus and integrate feedback. RFCs that have broad support
are much more likely to make progress than those that don't receive any
comments.
* Eventually, somebody on the [core team] will either accept the RFC by
merging the pull request and assigning the RFC a number, at which point
the RFC is 'active', or reject it by closing the pull request.

Should the mailing list be involved in this process, as a way to get more people discussing RFCs? (Maybe automatically with a bot sending email for every PR in the RFC repo.)

On the other hand, we probably don’t want to fragment the discussion between GitHub issues and email.

--
Simon Sapin