No, there are no task-specific heaps. An old concept from the manual
is the "exchange heap", which is where ~ boxes lived (ie, the normal
heap) and that @-boxes were some magic task-local heap. But you can
always send Box<T> between tasks. There's been mention of wanting a
task-local box in IRC. However, jemalloc uses per-thread caches, and
does not always need to synchronize allocation.

http://octayn.net/