> Sorry for the brevity, I'm writing this from a phone and I haven't thought of
> this issue very thoroughly.

You appear to dislike one of the most fundamental features of Rust, so
I would encourage you to think through ideas such as this before
hastily posting to the mailing list.

The current iteration of Rust has had a great deal of thought and
design poured into it, as well as having at least thousands of man
hours of effort being put behind it. Casually stating, with little
prior thought, that large chunks of this effort are flatly wrong is
disrespectful to those who have put so much time and effort into the
project.

We always welcome and encourage thoughtful reconsiderations of the
design decisions of Rust, but these must be performed in a
constructive and well-thought-out manner. There have been many times
in the past where the design decisions of Rust have been reversed or
redone, but these were always accompanied with a large amount of
research to fuel the changes.

If you have concrete suggestions, we have an RFC process in place for
proposing new changes to the language while gathering feedback at the
same time.