On 7/20/14 8:12 PM, David Henningsson wrote:
Cool, thanks for the answer. These restrictions seem somewhat complex.

They are required. Otherwise we would end up with a C++-like situation where copies end up happening too frequently.

This wasn't very intuitive for me, so just throwing this out (feel free
to ignore if it has already been discussed :-) )

 From a language design perspective, maybe it would be more intuitive to
have different syntaxes for copy and move, like:

There used to be a unary move operator. This was a huge pain.

    match move x {
        Some(move y) => foo(move z);
    }

And so on. I don't want to go back to that world.

Patrick