> In the past when I've seen this error, it's because your C cross
> toolchain is built for a slightly wrong architecture. Can you verify
> that C programs cross compiled with your cross-gcc work correctly?

Christmas is over, back to work. C works fine just by calling
arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc. I hadn't tried an empty rust program, but that
also stops with the same "illegal instructions". The other hints are a
bit over my head right now, as I haven't done much anything this close
to metal. I'll continue studying this and report on whatever I find.

I'm still wondering if rustc is somehow creating "bad" IR, since LLVM
doesn't like that.

--
Tomi Pieviläinen, +358 400 487 504
A: Because it disrupts the natural way of thinking.