[Cc'd to rxvt-workers]

Christian Reis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> typed:
:(Apologies for writing directly to you; I tried to find a mailing list
:address but sf.net and google didn't find one)
:
:Hello there,
:
:    I've for a while now been using ion as my primary window manager
:(see http://modeemi.cs.tut.fi/~tuomov/ion/ ) together with rxvt.
:However, for some reason, rxvt fails to set its size correctly when
:started up in a frame larger than its default. When this happens, the
:terminal only opens up a small fraction of the screen.
:
:I'm attaching a screenshot so you have an idea of what it ends up
:looking like. It has rxvt right after being spawned by another frame,
:running vi (which *should* take up the whole screen, but stops at
:precisely 25 lines).
:
:There is something of an analysis of the problem wrt xterm on the FAQ
:page.  http://wiki.ael.be/ion/index.php/FrequentlyAskedQuestions
:
:I tried getting rxvt to trigger a rxvt_scr_reset at the start of
:rxvt_main_loop but it was no help. Have you seen something like this
:before? Have an idea of where to try and tweak a fix? It would be much
:appreciated.

You haven't specified which version of rxvt you're using.  Try v2.7.7
or later: in src/command.c remove the '#ifdef __CYGWIN32__' and pair
'#endif' at the start of the main_loop so that the three/four lines there
are compiled in.  This causes another size ioctl to be sent to the
shell/program once it's indicated that it's running.

This will probably be made the default situation unless someone can
think of any reason it would cause problems - this is most likely to be
caused by someone running a non-shell program in the term.

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing : <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Rxvt Stuff : <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>