Hi,

On 2016年09月23日 16:31, Poonam Ghosh wrote:
> Additionally if you see the Specification requirement for the EXT-335 :
> Instruction: Stat-Trigger stat thresholds: Generate an event to the
> controller if some of the flow statistics cross one of the stat threshold
> values.
> Which is what is the part which we wanted to check from the Unit test case
> in ryu supporting this feature.
>
> We agree with you that the OFPStats compose the values w.r.t the below
> parameters but it is equally important to understand that if controller is
> looking for the Extensible statistics (unlike the one which is done in
> OXM) so does that mean switch will internally compare these values from
> the stats and trigger an EVENT to encode or prepare an OXS message format
> after every X times the request is received (as part of the FLOW_MOD) from
> the controller . What are your thoughts for the same?

Sorry if I misunderstood what you mean.

Well, whether the controller need to count/monitor OXS messages is depending
on the design of the user Ryu application, I guess.

But mostly at the controller side, OXS seems to be used for requesting the
setting the stat thresholds with the OFPIT_STAT_TRIGGER instruction, and the
controller does not need to compare these values internally.
Because the statistics trigger mechanism seems to be strongly depending on the
switch's implementations.

Thanks,
Iwase