OFPFlowMod is used to create and modify OpenFlow rules on the switch.
PacketOut is used to send a packet that has reached the openflow controller
(ryu) back to the switch.

You can find them both documented here
http://ryu.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ofproto_v1_3_ref.html.

There is also an example of PacketOut being used at the bottom of the
SimpleSwitch13 code (ryu/app/simple_switch_13).