I had a script which called /usr/bin/mail which was working under
Ubuntu 15.10 (It called /usr/bin/mail.mailutils) but after upgrading to Ubuntu
16.04 - it appears
it was replaced with (as a default mailer) s-nail.

This introduced the following issue:

This command works to send an email:

    $cat /tmp/foobar | mail -s 'EXAMPLE SUBJECT' -a /path/to/file/to_attach.jpg
-c ccem...@example.com origem...@example.com

But when I add that exact same  as a line to a bash file, e.g.

    #!/bin/bash
    cat /tmp/foobar | mail -s 'EXAMPLE SUBJECT' -a /path/to/file/to_attach.jpg
-c ccem...@example.com origem...@example.com

This script FAILS and returns the error:

    Alert: "origem...@example.com" is not a user of this system.

Here's the version of s-nail

    #dpkg --list | grep s-nail
    ii  s-nail       14.8.6-1      amd64

Some things I've tried in the script to get it to work

    #!/bin/bash
    cat /tmp/foobar | mail -s 'EXAMPLE SUBJECT' -a /path/to/file/to_attach.jpg
-r real_username -c ccem...@example.com origem...@example.com

    #!/bin/bash
    cat /tmp/foobar | mail -s 'EXAMPLE SUBJECT' -a /path/to/file/to_attach.jpg
-A real_username -c ccem...@example.com origem...@example.com

But each time I get the same error

    Alert: "origem...@example.com" is not a user of this system.

Is there a feature reason the command line execution would be different than
calling this from a script or is this a bug? Is there a different
set of flags I need to call to get this to work from scripts instead of the
command line?

Thanks in advance,

S-nail-users@lists.sourceforge.net