Hello Stephen.

"Stephen Isard" <ksaexz5...@snkmail.com> wrote:
 |I have an imap account to which I can connect with mailx but not s-nail.
 |In the account definition in my .mailrc, I have
 |account XX {
 |  set folder=imaps://username@servername/Mail
 |  blah
 |}
 |Running s-nail with -vv I see that I am logging in successfully with
 |gssapi, but then
 |T2 OK Logged in
 |T3 NO [CANNOT] Invalid mailbox name
 |
 |With mailx I get
 |T2 OK Logged in
 |and everything is ok.
 |
 |The Mail subdirectory in my home directory on that machine contains
 |several mail folders (spam, etc.), but not my INBOX.  I don't know where
 |the INBOX is stored.  Perhaps in the machine's /var/spool/mail, but I
 |don't have the right permissions to look there.  The imap server
 |announces itself as dovecot.

Well.  Disclaimer: since my main machine died last year i haven't
tested IMAP no more, and i don't personally use IMAP; i now have
installed dovecot, but it will take a few days until i actually
can test this (need to reread about certificates, and the pseudo
password database -- unfortunately i only have stored the test
configuration file, not the other files needed, sigh; it was two
lines, iirc).

I really want to join in and "release" the preview-1 today or
tomorrow, which does not have IMAP support, so shall i really need
to fix something i think the time has come to change the git(1)
layout and introduce release-specific update/bugfix branches.
I will try hard to reinstantiate IMAP support for the final
release, almost anyone else seems to use it.  It worked just fine
once i tested it last, there was nothing at all that caught my
attention.

 |Anyway, mailx is doing the right thing for that imap server, but s-nail
 |is not.

Doom [1].
I really, really would like to have a really proper network layer
with SMTP, POP3, IMAP and NNTP support, including memory BIO-based
SSL/TLS support that includes OCSP etc.  But that will take time.
Sorry.
And ciao -- i'll get back to this once i can test.

  [1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U319VzSqEU

--steffen

S-nail-users@lists.sourceforge.net