Hello list.

You know there is plenty of trouble with mailing lists and
Sourceforge, administrators have been taken their access to the
member list (not white list, not black list, not moderation
queue however) and now they also stopped MBOX export[1]:

  We had to remove the ability to obtain subscribers individual
  e-mail addresses to comply with personal data privacy laws in
  several counteries around the world.

  Therefore, an MBOX archive is no longer available as the main
  administrative inferface has been reduced to only seeing how
  many subscribers a specific list has, and removing a subsriber
  at their request.

  We apologize for this change, but were forced to make it to
  comply with legislation in several different legal
  jurisdictions.

This was not my issue but i jumped upon it because i wanted to
export once more to get anything in between 2017-06-23 and
yesterday (easily, that is).  The answer now was the shown, and
i responded

  I doubt this is true. Which countries? Which laws? This is my
  project. The people subscribed to hear about my software. If you
  want to reduce traffic and turn your users to happy but dumb
  robots which may not do anything but can be fired at with
  advertisements for which you get paid, then why don't you say it
  like that. You ruin Sourceforge. You would be nothing without
  those projects you are doing this at. It would have been fair to
  at least give a warning note to administrators in advance so
  that they can manage to shutdown their project at Sourceforge
  gracefully. I have no doubt that what you do is covered savely
  by american law, but my gut feeling is what i am talking about
  and that says "what you do is criminal". Thanks for your
  patience.

This is not planned to be my last message on this list.

  [1] https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/15336/

--steffen

S-nail-users@lists.sourceforge.net