Idézem/Quoting Steffen Nurpmeso <stef...@sdaoden.eu>:

SZÉPE Viktor <vik...@szepe.net> wrote:
 |Idézem/Quoting Steffen Nurpmeso <stef...@sdaoden.eu>:
 |> Steffen Nurpmeso <stef...@sdaoden.eu> wrote:

 |> Just to clarify this Viktor, the above line will likely never
 |> succeed because S-nail will refuse accepting the given value for
 |> *from*, since "$DAEMON <root>" is not a valid e-mail address.
 |All things were so nice with heirloom-mailx. It accepted domain-less
 |recipients, and allowed the sendmail-option hack.

It did not perform any checks at all!  It also did not support
specifying sendmail arguments freely, i think.

 |Is there any way - maybe in the future - to bring back domain-less \
 |addresses?
 |But wait!
 |
 |$ s-nail -V
 |v14.8.16

Ahhh!  Of course i should have asked you which version you
actually use, sorry.  Well, the v14.8 series i have passed about
31 months ago, puuh!  Yes, that is very much different.  Indeed.

 |$ ls -la | s-nail -d -S from="TEST <root>" -s ub root
 |
 |It works. Would you like to break this feature?

It has been broken already in that <root> is not a valid address
and rejected starting with the 14.9 series.  We need to make sure
to generate a valid address, this is a standard, Viktor.  If you
do not set *from* at all and use a MTA it will do the same:

  $ </dev/null s-nail -:/ -s test root
..
  From steffen@localhost Tue Jan 23 16:46:12 2018