--- Forwarded from Mike Sharov <msha...@users.sourceforge.net> ---
To: stef...@sdaoden.eu
From: Mike Sharov <msha...@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject: s-nail 14.9.11 fails to initialize PRNG
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2019 21:27:42 -0500

Hello s-nail maintainer!

I am getting the following error when running s-nail 14.9.11 on Arch:

mail: Panic: Cannot seed the *TLS PseudoRandomNumberGenerator,
RAND_status() is 0!

  Please set *tls-rand-file* to a file with sufficient entropy.
  On a machine with entropy: "$ dd if=/dev/urandom of=FILE bs=1024 count=1"

Aborted

The error appears to be coming from a_xtls_rand_init in xtls.c, which
attempts to load a random seed file to initialize openssl RNG. This is
inappropriate. The RNG should be initialized by reading /dev/random, or,
if the kernel supports it, the getrandom syscall.

There is mention of tls-rand-file option, but it is marked deprecated
in the sources and does not seem to ever be actually set.

Is there a workaround for this problem? By disabling TLS support,
perhaps, since I only use s-nail for the local mailbox.
--
Mike Sharov
msha...@users.sourceforge.net

 -- End forward <b935dd4a-18be-bef2-de67-78f1bd7a3...@users.sourceforge.net>