SZÉPE Viktor wrote in <20191207224927.Horde.esIXafa3__n5JLoCd6RRdcY@sze\
pe.net>:
 |Idézem/Quoting Steffen Nurpmeso <stef...@sdaoden.eu>:
 |> SZÉPE Viktor wrote in <20191207220555.Horde.okUcs8ds1qLIIIkCp_GLeFh@sze\
 |> pe.net>:
 |>|As root I have to peak into user's emails.
 |>
 |> Uh!!
 |>
 |>|All mailboxes are in maildir format, so we have single files.
 |>|What is the suggested way to open a *single* email file with s-nail?
 |>|
 |>|Thank you.
 |>
 |> s-nail -Rf FILENAME
 |>
 |> (-R to open read-only and not apply changes.)
 |> However, this of course opens a mailbox, not a single Maildir
 |> message.
 |
 |Thank you Steffen for your answer.
 |
 |It seems to me that s-nail is not able to open a 1k email file.
 |What to do now???

What do you mean by that?  We can open mailboxes.
Say, how do you know _which_ message you want to open, for a human
eye Maildir standard message names are totally intransparent:

  Dec  7 23:03 1575756185.M687232P19377.kent:2,S
  Dec  7 23:03 1575756185.M687231P19377.kent:2,S

Honestly i would not know.
Technically the problem is both hard and easy.  We would need to
invent an entirely new protocol, and implement it everywhere.
You would then need to use that protocol when opening the file,
something like this

  #?0|kent:tmp$ mail -Rf maildir://tmp/md
  mailx: Not a maildir: tmp/md
  #?1|kent:tmp$ mail -Rf maildir:///tmp/md
  mailx version v14.9.15.  Type `?' for help

But, dear Viktor, not now.  I really, really would like to have
the MIME etc. rewrite handy, so that you could use "-t TEMPLATE"
and that TEMPLATE could be a readily prepared multipart message
with HTML, for example.  Not in the next 12 months, sorry.  But
i hate to say that!  Because one of the nice things by then will
be that there will be no technical difference in between opening
the file via -f or sending a message template via -t!!

Ciao, your unlucky

--steffen